The Royal Treatment Center is dedicated to working with families in an effort to eliminate their lice infestation and educating our local communities on the treatment alternatives, their effectiveness and the possible risks.
We use natural and safe products that do not contain any toxic chemicals. Our removal process is the Shepherd Method which is a strand by strand approach to ensure all visible nits are removed. Our technicians are trained and certified in the Shepherd method of lice and nit removal and the certification facility actively conducts and participates in ongoing research on lice and lice removal products.
It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself.
~ Joyce Maynard
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Head lice have probably been around since time began. Nits have even been found on the hair of Egyptian mummies when their tombs were opened. They are a human parasite and can only survive on humans, so therefore do not reside in the ground or on pets. Head lice simply travel from host to host. They are not fussy where they live as long as it is clean so they can attach their eggs.
WHO IS AT RISK?
Everyone is at risk. If you have contact with an infected person, you can get them. Head lice spread more easily among young people because they share their belongings more often than adults and play close together.
It's not true that people get head lice because they're dirty. Head lice are very contagious. No matter how many times you or your child takes a shower or washes his or her hair, it's still possible to get head lice from head-to-head contact with someone who is already infested with lice. You can also get head lice if you share hats, towels, pillows, combs or brushes with someone who has head lice.
Besides itching, symptoms of head lice may include a low-grade fever, swollen glands, a rash at the nape of the neck, bags under the eyes, and feeling tired. Head lice are nocturnal, meaning that they are more active at night than during the day.
The EPA is responsible for testing and making sure most pesticide head lice treatments destined for use on US children are safe. However, Pediculicides (lice killing pesticides) are regulated by the FDA which causes confusion: “If the FDA approved it, it must be safe?” This leads many parents to believe (including those who prescribe and sell these medications) that these toxic pesticide products (like roach spray and weed killers) are harmless.
"Preparations like Rid and Kwell ... are definitely toxic to people," says Dr. Andrew Weil, MD. These products contain pediculicides, which are potent pesticides and insecticides designed to poison lice. These products can be absorbed directly into your child’s system through the scalp.
Discussed are some commonly used lice treatments, RID, Kwell and Nix:
Lindane: Used in Kwell prescription-only lice shampoo, lindane is a neurotoxin that is absorbed through the skin. Ann Heil, a senior engineer with the Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County, "Lindane belongs to the same family of chemicals as DDT and PCBs, which have been banned in the United States." This chemical, which is absorbed through the skin, has been in use since the 1950s. It is created by mixing chlorine gas with benzene and filtering out the particulate solids that result. Chlorine gas is a poison and benzene is a well-known carcinogen. Lindane has been consistently listed in the top chemicals of concern by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. According to the Centennial Edition of the Merck Index, poisoning with lindane may occur by ingestion, inhalation, or skin absorption—all of which are possible with treatment with head lice shampoos. Possible symptoms of lindane poisoning include headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, weakness, convulsions, difficulty breathing, low blood oxygen levels, and circulatory collapse. Case-controlled research shows a significant association between the incidences of brain tumors in children with the use of lindane-containing lice shampoos Lindane, has been banned in more than 50 countries and in California, but is still available in the United States.
Malathion: This toxic pesticide belongs to the class known as organophosphates. It is used in the prescription-only lice remedy “Ovide”. Malathion is a chemical that was developed by the Swiss chemical giant Ciba-Geigy back in the 1950s as an agricultural crop insecticide and for pest control in homes and gardens. Very quickly thereafter, problems began occurring. It turns out that children are especially susceptible to the effects of Malathion. Studies have shown links between regular exposure to Malathion and various human maladies, including non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, childhood leukemia, anemia, chromosome damage, and weakened immune systems. It has also been known to cause flu like symptoms and allergic reactions in children and adults alike. Malathion exposure can occur through inhalation or absorption through the skin. According to the EPA, this chemical can over stimulate the nervous system and cause nausea, dizziness, confusion, and, at very high exposures (such as those from major spills or accidents), respiratory paralysis and death.
Pyrethrums and Pyrethoids: Pyrethrum is derived from the chrysanthemum flower, yet pyrethrins, used in Nix and Rid lice shampoos, are pesticides that have been deemed dangerous enough to be banned from agricultural use in food production. They may cause pneumonia, muscle paralysis, vomiting, asthma, and death due to respiratory failure. Pyrethroids, the synthetic chemical counterparts used in RID lice treatments may have similar effects. Another common side effect is severe allergic reaction.
Concentrate only on items that had direct contact with individuals suffering from head lice during the past 24 hours. Wash clothes and linens in warm water and put in dryer on high heat for at least 20 minutes.
GENERAL GUIDANCE POLICIES
Everyone who has had contact with the child in at least the last two weeks, and preferably, during the past month should be notified. Contacts should include the school nurse, daycare director, camp counselor, or other individuals in the position to assist you in notifying and checking those that your child has had contact with.
If you have the entrepreneurial spirit, love children and want to make a difference in your community, then opening a Royal Treatment Center in your community may be right for you!
We save you the frustration of where to begin and have developed the success metrics. Our founder has a strong background in starting companies, predictable revenue and building effectives teams.
We will walk with you and be there with the same helping hands we give our families in achieving a “lice free” environment.
Call me personally and we can discuss how together we can build strong brand awareness, deliver a predictable treatment process, generate a predictable revenue flow for your location and dominate the lice removal marketplace!